Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation
When you've had health problems that make it hard to move around and perform everyday tasks, the highly skilled team at the Elizabethtown Community Health Center, Smith House Health Center and Ticonderoga Campus can help improve and restore your well-being through a physical therapy and rehabilitation program designed just for you.
What is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy provides treatment to help with recovery from surgery or an injury, and can reduce risk of injury and decrease pain.
Physical therapists, or PTs, are health care professionals who specialize in the restoration, maintenance and promotion of optimal physical function. Physical therapists at Elizabethtown Community Hospital, Smith House and at the Ticonderoga Campus:
- Diagnose and treat movement dysfunction
- Enhance physical and functional abilities
- Evaluate, treat, and prevent symptoms, progression of impairments, functional limitations and disabilities that can result from injury or disease
- PTs assess joint motion, muscle strength and endurance, function of the heart and lungs and performance of activities required in daily living, among other responsibilities
Personalized Care - Our physical therapists work with you to create a treatment plan designed around your specific health problems. We design detailed physical therapy programs to help build strength, endurance, flexibility and balance according to your needs.
Experienced, Trusted Expertise - Our expert clinicians have many years of experience and incorporate current evidence in their daily practice. We have ongoing involvement in research projects and quality improvement initiatives to optimize patient outcomes.
The physical therapy and sports rehab department staff also provides all inpatient rehabilitation services for the hospital's inpatient (med/surg) care department.
Patient populations served include:
- Sports injuries
- Pediatric patients
- Neurological disorders
- Post surgical rehab
- TMJ, jaw joint and muscle problems
- Vestibular dysfunctions
- Pelvic Floor
- Specialty therapies (Vestibular, Lymphedema, etc.)
Rehabilitation services include:
- Anti Gravity Treadmill
- Traction: Cervical & Lumbar
- Modalities: Thermal Probe, Light/laser therapy, E-stim, Ultrasound,
- Manual Therapy: Myofasical release, Craniosacral therapy, ManipulationsSASTM, Cupping
- Therapeutic Exercise: Core stabilization, Strengthening Balance and Wii Fit programs, Cardiovascular & Strengthening equipment